Anybody get that reference to a holiday-time commercial that was going around this year??? Anyway, I've had it stuck in my head ever since . . .
But look! Holy Crappers! Look at what I saw!! These are buds, right??? This is our crabapple tree out front - this will be our first Spring with it and we're hoping to see some blossoms soon!
Aaaaand what are THHHHHEEESSEEEE?? Green stuff!!! I'm thinking they are the bulbs of croci/iris/tulip that we buried in the Fall.
And this: our lilac shrubbery from Momma Woodford. DEFINITELY some budding action going on here. And if I'm wrong - please keep it to yourself, because this is making me TOO EXCITED ;) Just thought you'd like to know that it appears we are out of the deep freeze. According to weather.com we've got the next 8 out of 10 days in the 50's - break out the shorts! Well, at least the spring time jackets and flirty-over-functional scarves . . .
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Definitely got some life going on there! I'm trying to decide what the green sprouts are. They seem daylily like, but it seems early for that. Maybe I just cant see mine because the snow is too deep. I'll look tomorrow.
Meanwhile, my seed table, grow table, whatever you call it is reaping some rewards. Also, one of John's retired bosses just gave us an old, mini grow stand, maybe 24 inches long. You can have it. would certainly keep herbs going until you can put them outside. Its kind of a yellow, sort of like wally. you could paint it flat black if you wanted to keep it on main floor, otherwise use it in basement. we just got it last night. We'll test it out.
Our snow left this week and now we have crocus, snow drops, and daffs as well as well as lungwort in bloom. Have a few cold days coming but then mild again! Yeah! How are your green things doing?
little green sprouts=daylilies...yeah.love to see the lilia buds, so yeah!!!!!we definitely have day lily buds everywhere..also have the daffodiles and the iris' starting to pop!!!!!....just planted some bulbs in the new wall behind the shed...can't wait for them....see you in April...lxoxoxo
Post a Comment