Sunday, March 7, 2010

Week's End

This week was much needed in terms of rest and relaxation.  Tomorrow it will be back to the grindstone - back to la escuela (aka Upstate).  The past couple days of sunshine, warm(ish) temperatures, and the promise of Day Light Savings next weekend have all helped to put me in a better mood.  Those things, plus a massage and a snuggle or two from my sweetie pie :)

Baby continues to make her presence known within my womb - Jesse can feel her now, for realz!  She seems to alternate days of increased activity - I haven't been able to exactly pinpoint yet if anything in particular makes her bop and groove (such as singing, exercise, reading in bed, food).  In general she does seem to be more active at night, usually after 7pm.

I don't have much else to share  this evening, but I want to make a special shout-out to Miss Danielle for bailing on her at THE last minute this weekend.  Thanks for being so understanding my sweet!

Ah yes!  The exercise tally for the week:
Prenatal Workout: 2x
Prenatal Yoga: 0!
Days Went for a Walk: 3

I'll see if I can improve that a bit.  Certainly getting back to walking to and from school will help :)

Have a great week everyone,
Caitlin

P.S. I don't know why blogger NEVER shows the correct times for my postings.  I have tried numerous times to change it.  Now that I think about it, none of you probably care - just my own pet peeve :)

7 comments:

renee said...

Hey Jesse and Cait!
Nothing like sunshine! Even Casey's a new (er) dog in this weather.

Grey days, demanding school schedule, pregnant? I'd say you might hit a low day now and then. I got to sleep every afternoon. Somehow I think that's not happening for you.

I don't remember the kids movement being related to anything in particular. I would think when you eat, it takes a bit for the baby to detect it, and hopefully you're eating often, so it would be hard to pinpoint.

Yeah spring! I just started seeds, too. Make sure once they sprout you give them LOTS of light. Might want to buy a cheap shop light with the long florescent tubes. Put plants just 2 inches below the bulbs. I just gave myself a BIG Birthday present of the Gardeners Supply growing table, complete with lights and trays and a timer, etc. I've started Broccoli and lettuce and some flowers. Also tested some very old seed (1996!) and they had decent enough germination rates to use them up.

Caitlin Steeves said...

A growing table is so exciting!!! I forget that we don't have to crowd all our plants in the ONE sunny window we have all year round . . .I agree, we could probably start out with a cheapo shop light - anything to get some green going! Do you think it would be ok to put it down in the basement? It's pretty cool down there . . .

renee said...

Basement is great AFTER the seeds germinate. Seeds usually don't need light to germinate, so they can be on a counter, over a radiator or heat vent. USUALLY the warmer (70+)it is the quicker they germinate. Then it is best to keep it cooler. The lights generate a gentle heat, anyway. follow seed instructions for specific seeds. envelope info is pretty good, and the net is amazing. Remember, keep the light just above the top of the plan, which means you have to make adjustments as they grow. Might be easiest to keep light in fixed position and gradually lower the plants rather than keep moving the light. My grow table is in the basement.

m said...

i've started my seeds as well, but this year i'm going to try one of the bigs beds with Square Foot Gardening...i've been reading out this and it seems rather interesting.....wish me luck...i agree with renee, lots of sun and more sun.....i started some seeds in pepsi bottle, like a terrarium affect...should be interesting...! happy planting..love you!

Karen SG said...

First - Congratulations Caitlin & Jesse. Janis told me the news so I decided I better start keeping up with the blog. OK now I have a question - do you know if anyone makes synthetic boards that I could use in the bottom of my raised planter boxes? Of course I don't want the synthetic stuff if it going to be toxic, as in PVC's or anything like that. Karen Simmons Gillian, one of the Bullville Simmons's

Caitlin Steeves said...

Hmmm . . .we were thinking of doing some raised planter boxes out on our front porch. Haven't looked much into the materials yet, tho. Thanks for the congrats! We just made our first trip to Babies R Us to get a few ideas - a bit overwhelming so we got out of there once Jesse's blood sugar started to drop! ;)

renee said...

I just saw the baby registry list for Megan plain Santiago (the daughter of my friend Maureen who now shares not only your wedding date, but looks like a very close 1st baby birthday as well. overwhelming is right! but I saw some stuff I thought was nice, but wondered which things you guys were interested in. there was something that reminded me of the "moses baskets" Claudette had loaned me. this version was much more affordable. anyway, thinking of you guys made the babystuff more appealing for me. Let us know when you've made some decisions!