
And OUR first visit to the Carrier Dome! And MY first NCAA game - and an "Elite 8" game to boot! So I figure if my parents can claim that I have been to Disney World (I was about 1 yr old at the time), I TOO can claim that this baby's parents took her (though still in the womb) to a reasonably top-notch display of collegiate-level athletic prowess. Thank you Uncle Jed for the hook-up!! The game was Kentucky University v West Virginia - the Wildcats versus the Mountaineers. As Syracuse had sadly been bumped out of the bracket at this point, we had no strong affiliations to either team - though I did end up rooting for Kentucky due to the enthusiasm of one of my professors who is a Kentucky alum . . . It is possible that we also ended up rooting for KU because both Jesse and I are inexplicably drawn with sympathy towards teams with an inability to shoot from either the 3-point or the foul line. Yeesh - it seemed that KU COULD have won the game based on the number of foul-shots they missed alone - the final score was 73-66, sending the Mountaineers to the Final Four in Indianapolis. And THAT is about as in-depth of sports coverage you will ever get from me :)

We did the evening up right :) Took a shuttle to the SU campus, walked with a crowd of other excited KU and WV fans, stormed the "Bistro Italia" for some yummy, over-priced concession food (meatball sub for me and baby, chicken parm sandwich for Jess), found our seats - SO CLOSE! - and settled in. My sweety even got me soft-serve ice-cream WITH SPRINKLES (don't know if you could see that in any of the pictures). We had a fun time, in-spite/because of the constant stream of screeched commentary in West Virginia accents coming from a pair of good-ol-boys behind us! At the game's close, it was fun walking back to the bus stop - our shuttle awaited! - with crowds of singing, laughing, adrenaline-warmed game-goers.
On a separate note, my belly is about 37" around now. As I think this is about the time when I'll start getting REALLY big, I'll be checking from time to time to chart my progress.


Have a good week, everyone!
5 comments:
yay baby bump!!! you look so cute!! I can't wait to see it in person next week!
looks like you guys were really close to the court for the game! no nose bleed seats for this family!
very cool. love love love! and bring some of that olive bread with you!!!!!!!! sounds de-lish!
You look great! Including you, Jesse!
Looks like fun at the game. College towns are full of stuff to do.
anymore signs of green life up there? A few of my plants took a beating when I was gone. I'd taken them out on the patio when it was so warm, and the chill came back before I did. I looked outside this AM and wished I'd left more elaborate directions.
Plants on grow table are doing great. Could start using spare amounts of Cilantro.
There was snow in Santa Fe. I didn't expect that, either
you guys look like you had lots of fun....Jesse you were in 3rd or 4th grade when we took you to disney silly, but as i've begun to say, kids don't remember!...Caitlin you look adorable, so glad you are feeling great. can't wait to see you in April!!! xoxo you
Margaret - I was the one who was REALLY itty bitty in Disney. I'm pretty sure Jess has memories of his trip :) It's a family joke that I'm the only of the Steeves girls who got to go to Disney and I was a wee wee one at that! We were SOOO deprived as children ;) (JK!)
I definitely appreciate the pic of the band!! :) Glad you guys had such fun, but boo on KU--I had them winning it all in my bracket at work (ha!)...guess I'm out! You both look great, and I agree with Nals--the olive loaf sounds delish! <3
Post a Comment