Tuesday, May 10, 2011

We Have Forward Progression!

Miss E.B. has graduated up to an army crawl :)  Mostly we use electronics to entice her (ie cell phones, laptops, etc).

Click HERE to see it!


And this is all in the middle of a cold-turned-into-an-ear-infection!  Which means we have graduated to yet another step as parents: the step where you torture your child by forcing antibiotics down their sobbing throat :(  I may have mentioned before the LOOK OF BETRAYAL - well it's even worse when you have to pin them down in order to get ALL THE MEDICINE down . . . It's actually getting better - Jesse and I are improving our medicine-administering technique, getting the whole process over and done with quicker.  We had tried a few different methods: pouring it in, mixing it with a little juice, putting it into a bottle nipple to see if we could trick her into gulping it down -- to no avail!!  The old syringe is now working the best - a little crying, a little gagging, but happiness as soon as it's over.  We've been pretty lucky that this is the first time she's gotten sick - and we caught it so quickly.  No midnight runs to the ER with high fevers!

Check back soon for a recounting of our wonderful Mother's Day Weekend with Margaret and Stevo (and Mariah!).

11 comments:

Jan said...

Yay. So glad I came in for a break from the garden. These videos make me smile!!! She really is moving now.

renee said...

you sound stuffed too! My ears are plugged, I think its allergy time.

She is really scooting. Watch out now! She sounds like she's ready to talk, too.

LOVE!

Danielle said...

i love, love, love this!

Margaret said...

i love, love, love it TOO!! <3

Jen Trinkaus-Randall said...

LOVE THIS!!!! :) I can't believe how big she's getting!!! I can't wait to see her (and YOU) this weekend!! :)

renee said...

oh !! shhhh.... Don't tell Jesse!

Nally said...

oh.my.doodness. My niece is so freaking cute!!!!! Scooting around like a little inch worm. I love it!!

m said...

we love eddy "tv"....any chance we can have videos....we love to see them....if not in person, then videos!!!!!!xoxom

Nally said...

ps - i love that she has a Petey Burpis

Caitlin Steeves said...

Nals, he doesn't burp, but yes. And that was from Robbie :)

Tiz said...

What a big strong girl she is! I can't wait to see her dragging along the floor at Mom and Dad's. I predict an obstacle course!