To turn the cabinet door into an impromptu chalkboard, I turned the cabinet door "sideways" with the handle now on the bottom, taped the "frame" of the chalkboard with some painter's tape, covered the rest of the frame with newspaper to protect it from over-spray, hauled it all out to the garage and let-er-rip with the chalkboard spraypaint! I followed the directions on the can and sprayed in light layers (no drippage!) horizontally, then vertically. Let it dry, then another coat! After waiting at least 24 hours I then rubbed the broad side of a piece of chalk all over the chalkboard and then rubbed it away with a paper towel to "cure" it. Yay!
As you might guess, the finished product did sit on the kitchen floor for a couple days before we got around to hanging it up. But it is now, indeed, UP! and with a piece of chalk tied to a string to boot. It was a fun project (I felt handy), very easy, and it only cost me the price of the can of spray paint - which I can now use for other projects.
On lazy days, you may see me just post a pic of whatever we have written up there for the day :)
3 comments:
love it!! look how crafty you are!
I LIKE it!!
i'm so glad you have a chalk board...you know how much we love ours...it's so nice to come home and see a "note" or a message, and i learned not to use it as a "honey do" list..only one in a while...enjoy...and you are soooo handy!!!!! xoxm
Post a Comment