Eddy has been having SO MANY "firsts" lately - it seems only fair that I get to have a first - FIRST Mother's Day! Good news: I got to share it with a super-Mama, Grandma Woodford. Her kids are about the best people I know. They are so tip-top, I had to marry one of them. (Sorry Lauren, Chris, you two lost the coin toss!) Bad news: we were all SICK Mother's Day weekend! Miss E perfectly timed her first ear infection (another first!) with Grandma, Grandpa, and Mariah's visit :( Which meant she was snotty, coughy, feverish, and did not want to be held by ANYONE BUT MOMMY OR DADDY. Grandpa did eventually wrangle some one-on-one time with her but poor Grandma did not get one happy picture with the Doodle! Throw in a couple of colds for Jess and me (mine, by the way, would turn into a "mild case of pneumonia"), and we were quite a pathetic little family ;) But, aside from snot and germs, we had a really nice weekend. The boys got a few small projects done (electricity up and running to the garage? check! 3-prong outlets installed in the downstairs? check! gaping hole surrounding the fridge outlet closed up? double check!) and we all feasted on Dinosaur BBQ, fresh caught fish, and Mother's Day cake. 
Margaret and Stevo got to check out the Regional Market with Jesse on Saturday morning (though I'm pretty sure, in true fashion, Jess zoomed them through a bit to get to his goal: perennial plants!) and they came back with a lovely assortment of herbs and perennials for our new corner bed (did you think we'd run out of corners to put beds into? You would be mistaken!) including some clematis for our south-facing trellis (thank you Margaret!).
Mariah was a lovely addition to our merry party :) Mariah was a big help, offering herself for DOODLE DISTRACTION DUTY. This included playing with a cranky baby, trips out to view the porch and flower beds, and even a couple walks around the neighborhood with a 19-pounder strapped via baby wrap to her chest. Thank you, Riah! 
So our first Mother's Day was a success - I even scored some beautiful turquoise jewelry from Eddy and Jess (I think Jess helped her pick it out - she's got good taste but does not yet own her own debit card). To all you mommies out there, I hope you had a relaxing Mother's Day. And if you've got a mommy of your own, give her a call again today - she deserves it!
lotsa love
caitlin


2 comments:
I love the last photo!
thanks for a great mothers day weekend!!!!!!! we had so much fun, love spending time with you, jess and eddy!!!!mwah
Post a Comment