Tuesday, December 23, 2008

(Belated!)Ladies Night Out in Brooklyn

Can you think back to the middle of December? Where you were? What you were doing? Good. Because that's when this post was actually written - enjoy!



I am writing this perched on Liz's big-girl bed in the Ditmas Park area of Brooklyn. She and her lovely roommate Julia have just moved in a couple weeks ago, so the whole apartment right now looks much like Liz's room - boxes, clothes, appliances galore! Even in their semi-unpacked state, the two of them have already managed to make things homey. The kitchen is probably the most complete with a new microwave that looks like a spaceship, the spices lined up over the stove, Julia's German espresso cups peeping from the top of the fridge, and a creative storage system that gives a fun minimalist-like, ladies'-in-the-city vibe to the decor.


Hey Tiz - hope you don't mind I snapped a few pictures while you were at work!

Some other nice tidbits of Lizzie's new apartment:


- the bathroom is nicely long with a heating pipe right next to the toilet to keep your knees warm on cold December mornings (a definite bonus in my book!)


- being located on the 3rd floor, it is a nice daily climb for a bit of exercise but not too grueling for the stagger home from the pub (tho Liz never staggers - she's been known to waltz!)


I'll leave the rest for Liz to reveal. Nally and I had a nice time with her and Julia out at the Grill. Johnny was behind the bar, making us giggle, making us drinks. I don't miss the close quarters and noise of Brooklyn, but I do miss being near my favorite people, living with family. I think Jesse and I occillate back and forth between enjoying playing 'House' on our own and wanting to live in a big old house with all our sisters and roomies :) Who knows what the future will bring? Syracuse probably won't be forever - tho if the past few months are any indication, I do believe we will be enjoying Upstate for the next couple years.


Don't know if we'll be posting before we get back up into Syracuse after the holidays - we'll see, we may be inspired.


Have a wonderful holiday season everyone. We love you!


Caitlin and Jesse

No comments: