Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Syracuse Regional Market


September also brought our first trip to the Central New York Regional Market. Think several big, long pavilions, packed mostly with fresh produce, milks and cheeses, specialty spices, wines . . .We weren't in a big shopping mood but we mostly wandered around, enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells. We did pick up some funny 'torpedo' red onions and a pumpkin or two that eventually ended up in a yummy soup (quite a few of you had it since we had to cart it everywhere we went for about a week due to the quintuplet-batch we made!).

Cider Day at the Stovers felt like a much-needed vacation for all. I happily stuffed myself on such eclectic fare as chinese spare ribs, pineapple salsa (thank you, Damian!), the requisite sausage and peppers on a roll, and (seemingly) gallons of fresh pressed apple cider. And yes, you CAN stuff yourself on cider. I don't know how, but cousin Margaret and I were waddling around half the party, waiting for enough digestion to occur so we could go back for another glassful! I'll have to refer you to Miss Nally for pictures - she has quite a few fabulous ones of the ladies posing with official Cider Day apples - authenticity guaranteed. Also, there MAY have been some apple juggling . . .but you didn't hear it from me, it's just the word on the street.

So that will bring September to a close for now - our first in Syracuse! I guess there will be a lot of 'firsts' this year - I'm afraid you'll have to put up with that for a while! That's the catch, the rub about being a captive audience - YOU ARE AT OUR MERCY!!! (in terms of we rely on you all to care about our goings-on here otherwise we are blogging into the void!)

Well I guess you can tell I'm feeling a bit punchy tonight - love to you all! More will follow - we have to make it through the first part of October before we can start posting about current events.

Muah :)

2 comments:

Uncle Furrball said...

Some apple juggling and cider squeezing and more

http://picasaweb.google.com/cgfischer1/CiderDayXXXIV2008#

Caitlin Steeves said...

Thanks Conrad!