We personally think that October is a fabulous month in which to be wedded in marital bliss :) We're glad our cousin Dan
Speaking of October Weddings . . . we celebrated our first year anniversary this past Monday October 13th! It was a beautiful day and we happened to have a lot of family in the area, so we spent the day hiking around Green Lakes State Park (where Jesse 'accidentally' got us lost so we ended up walking out onto a golf course) with Mom, Dad, Liz, and our family friend Patrick.
A leisurely lunch at Alto Cinco' s followed and then we finished up the night - o
nce we'd packed Mom and Dad on their way back to Jersey - with a true Brooklyn-style Horror Fest! For those of you who haven't had the pleasure yet, a Brooklyn Horror Fest is comprised of bad (preferrably B-grade) horror movies, good beer, and Ben and Jerry's icecream. We made it a mini-marathon and watched two back to back - 'The Ruins' and then 'Shutter' - and we only had to stop the first movie once for me because the cutting-creepy-cursed-mayan-killing-vines-out-of-my-own-flesh-with-a-hunting-knife-stuff was getting to be a LITTLE MUCH for my queaze-factor.
So yes! We did spend our actual anniversary watching horror movies with family, but we did end up doing the fancy dinner downtown earlier this week - sushi at 'Ambrosia'! We were also hoping for some year-old wedding cake (cheesecake - the best I've had!) but Patrick "couldn't find it" when he was housesitting for Kat at home in Jersey. Whatever, Patrick - I know you found that luscious cheesecake and served it to your dinner guests!!!
:)
Love to you all
Caitlin and Jess
PS - How do you like these mini-posts?? Let's get some comments! :)


3 comments:
i'm lovin the mini posts. it's nice to read up on what you two hooligans have been up to. : )
I LOVE the mini-posts as well! I love all the pictures and the stories and all of it--it makes me miss you guys, and also wonder what the heck I'm doing up here that takes up all my time and if it's half as interesting as what you two are doing down in the 'Cuse! :-p
So yes, definitely keep up the posting! You seem to keep busy enough to always have something to post about (and I missed it so when you weren't posting!)
Lots of love! XOXOX
P.S.--I even made it in to a picture!! :)
Post a Comment