By-the-by, my personality color is BLUE - I'm emotional, receptive, caring, a good listener, mean people make me stressed, and I cry a lot. This is opposed to being ORANGE and a freedom-loving party person, or GOLD and a strict, traditional organizer, or GREEN and an analytical, scientific, precise conceptualist. Of course I've got a bit of each in me but my BLUE list was about 3 times longer than any of the other color descriptions. We all laughed a bit at each other and our selves, it got me outta feeling sorry for myself, and I learned a bit more about my classmates. I find even after all I've experienced, I'm too quick to judge people as certain types - and it's cool that I'm daily being surprised by the inclusiveness, kindness, and budding support of my fellow classmates.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
The Honeymoon is Over
For my DPT program, at least. I still think Jess is pretty hottsy tottsy - and I'm pretty sure he feels the same :) So, this is how I felt after my first quiz today:
not so hottsy tottsy (Nally, I am determined to help you make this phrase popular!) It wasn't even necessarily that I did poorly - I think I did ok (75 to 85 range) but it felt like I just wasn't grasping the material, that even more material was starting to pile up that I hadn't even thought of getting a move on because I was too busy studying for the first quiz . . .I know everyone goes through this transition period - today was just my day to feel down for a while. I'm not smart enough, I have no friends here, nobody likes me, etc. But then we had a pretty good afternoon class, which was surprising because all I had wanted to do was go wallow at home. We did a fun activity with personality types that got us outside and talking to each other and connecting with some of our classmates - it was fun and the time (3 hours!) went fast. Maybe the gi-normous chocolate chunk cookie and the Dunkin Donuts latte helped too . . . :)
By-the-by, my personality color is BLUE - I'm emotional, receptive, caring, a good listener, mean people make me stressed, and I cry a lot. This is opposed to being ORANGE and a freedom-loving party person, or GOLD and a strict, traditional organizer, or GREEN and an analytical, scientific, precise conceptualist. Of course I've got a bit of each in me but my BLUE list was about 3 times longer than any of the other color descriptions. We all laughed a bit at each other and our selves, it got me outta feeling sorry for myself, and I learned a bit more about my classmates. I find even after all I've experienced, I'm too quick to judge people as certain types - and it's cool that I'm daily being surprised by the inclusiveness, kindness, and budding support of my fellow classmates.
By-the-by, my personality color is BLUE - I'm emotional, receptive, caring, a good listener, mean people make me stressed, and I cry a lot. This is opposed to being ORANGE and a freedom-loving party person, or GOLD and a strict, traditional organizer, or GREEN and an analytical, scientific, precise conceptualist. Of course I've got a bit of each in me but my BLUE list was about 3 times longer than any of the other color descriptions. We all laughed a bit at each other and our selves, it got me outta feeling sorry for myself, and I learned a bit more about my classmates. I find even after all I've experienced, I'm too quick to judge people as certain types - and it's cool that I'm daily being surprised by the inclusiveness, kindness, and budding support of my fellow classmates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that is certainly a gross feeling, if that picture was indicative of it...
yessssssssssss "hotsy totsy" is coming back!! I've used it a few times in Australia...i'm *sure* it will catch on down undah.
okay, can't say anything about jess being a "hotsy totsy", but i know he thinks you are....i agree with jess, that photo surely make one understand how you were feeling...lots of luck on your next exams....m
Post a Comment