We are here! Just wanted to send a quick howdy to everyone from Syracuse. Jess and I arrived at 203 Hawthorne Street about 12:30 this morning and decided to save the unpacking for a more reasonable hour! Luckily we were able to borrow a padlock from the Stovers so we could lock up the Uhaul for the night. Speaking of the Stovers . . .
. . . after enjoying (too briefly!) good food and great people for Luke and Ellie's 18th birthday/graduation party we drove away in our new car!! Well, it is new to us - it's an '85 Volvo, tan, a tank, fantastic! We'll have lots more to tell you about it soon but for now we are simply grateful to the Stovers for fixing up this car - and then parting with it so we could bring it to Syracuse! The trip from Middletown to Syracuse was smoothe as can be - we're brainstorming a name already; I thought of 'George' and Jesse came up with 'Wally' (Walter) on his own, which I thought was kind of sweet :) So we'll see . . . and for those of you who think it's silly to name a car, just you wait, this car is loaded with personality - it deserves a name.
Ok, just checking in for now, I have to study hard for my midterm tomorrow!! Lotsa love to everyone - yay that Nally is home!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks toots! it's great to be home!! <3
OK, I know I am a bit late to the party, but I had to let you know that I was thinking of you. Jan sent the link to me today and I was catching up on the stories. Great ones, I might add. The car is precious and I know that it will take care of you as well. There's some good Karma in that name. Take Care and enjoy, hope to see you both for Cider.
Post a Comment