Sunday, March 20, 2011

Just Call Me Sally Jane

So first off, let me just say that when I had first mentioned "Sally Jane" of "Try Again, Sally Jane" fame, I had COMPLETELY forgotten that she is actually on roller skates!! And I didn't remember until my post-tryout wash-the-morning's-disappointment-off-my-body hot shower.  It made me smile :)

That's right, so I didn't make the Fresh Meat team this time around, but the evaluators were kind enough to take myself and another woman aside to say that we were REALLY CLOSE and to PLEASE COME BACK to the next batch of recruits - which will hopefully only be in a month or so.  In the meantime, they said I should really hit the gym to work on my strength and endurance.  This will likely end up being a good thing, because in another month I will be THAT much stronger and more sure on my skates.  I plan on being ripped, in fact :)

Thanks for all your encouragement thus far - this derby dance has just begun!

4 comments:

m said...

you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and just think how pumped you'll be for "bikini season"!!!!!!!!!!!! we are sooo proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!xoxoxmargaret & stevo!!!!!!!!!

renee said...

Excellent! Keep at it! You can do it!

Unknown said...

Just as in Derby-ing - it's not the falling down it's the getting up. I know you'll do it. They'll have just enough time to wish they had asked you the first time! After all, Eddy's a fan too.

Caitlin Steeves said...

Yay! Glad you figured out the comments, Ma :)