Yah, so this post was going to originally be about how the time of year has come when Spring is soooo close that I start wearing clothing that is not quite warm enough for the ACTUAL temp outside. I start layering again, wearing sweaters and scarves when I should be wearing a full on coat, rainboots everywhere instead of snowboots . . . . You get the idea.
But then, last night, we got snow. Yes, more snow. More than a foot of the stuff. And now I really can't justify flitting about in 3 layers of t-shirts when the snow has piled up on the windowsills.
So instead, I will recall happier days, when we were living it up in southern climes, warm, no snow, a bigger dose of sunshine and Vit D dare I say?? Ok, so the "southern clime" was south Jersey about 2 weeks ago, but we still had a wonderful time! Eddy got to visit Grandma and Grandpa Woodford down in Barnegat while Jess and I went for a night at the Borgata in Atlantic City! Thank you Grandma!! I suspect that her motives for sending us off to the casino were about 40% for treating the two of us and about 60% for getting some Eddy-time!! Just kidding :) We KNOW that it was 100% Eddy-time!!!!!!! Teehee . . .
We had a great date night at the Borgata. I had never been to AC before - or a casino for that matter! We made a night of it: dressed up, dinner, comedy show, a little gambling - we even ended "up" for the night after a lucky 5 minutes at my first slot machine and some tag-team action at a roulette machine (no, not a table, this was actually more a cross between a slot machine and a roulette table.
Meanwhile, Eddy had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. She made friends with Mocha, supervised egg removal at the chicken coop, and generally dazzled everyone with her wit and charm.
All dolled up at the Borgata
Eddy and Grandpa going out to the chicken coop!
Ducky goodness
In other Eddy news, to our simultaneous delight and dismay, she has started pushing up onto her knees! She's not crawling yet, but she can scoot her way round a circle and push herself backwards a few feet. Time to get baby-proofing!!!
Monday, March 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
More fun has begun!! (the crawl) Just in time for spring. And crawling is not as slow as the word implies. Traffic may crawl, but babies scoot along pretty darn fast.
the grass is coming. and its green here already.
yes, we admit...it wal all about "eddy", but you know we can never get enough of you and jess either......can't believe you have more snoooowwwww!!!!!!!!!....i'm so ready for spring also and can wait to get my hands in the dirt!!!!!!, i'm looking for purple asters!!!!!!!!! hang in there!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to see you again real soon!!!!!!!!!!!!oxoxmom and stevo!
Post a Comment