Sunday, September 5, 2010

One Month (and a few days) Old!

Well, I started this post a couple days ago when Eddy B was about to be 5 weeks old - now she is 5 weeks and a couple days :)  Things get delayed when you are a walking bouncer/shusher/feed trough  . . . .

I can't believe how fast the past few weeks have gone by . . . it doesn't feel like it's been more than a month.  I do feel more confident as a mommy, but in some ways it still feels like we took her home from the hospital just yesterday!

In the weeks since being born, Edylene has gained 3 pounds and grown 2 whole inches!  Her 1 month check-up with our family doctor was A-Ok all around.  Edylene was a champ with all the dressing and undressing - we think she even gave Dr Manyon a smile!  Next month: vaccinations :(  I don't think that will be quite as happy a visit! Ah well . . .we'll probably feel bad about it long after Eddy's attention span has shifted to another topic . . .

The past week or so especially have brought a lot of other changes - there must be some crazy neurological development going on in that tiny head.  She's started to smile - mostly in response to Daddy's silly faces but there are spontaneous ones here and there too, almost like she's practicing!  She's also been a champ during 'tummy time' - she got her head up to 45 degrees the other day, which is a big Yay! in terms of getting some head control.  Once she's mastered that, she can start doing more fun stuff like sitting up, reaching for things, ie more playtime!  We're also starting to hear a greater variety of noises coming out of her, the start of some cooing perhaps??

This past week also brought Uncle Chris and Aunt Liz to visit!  Uncle Chris was SUPER nervous at first to hold his niece ("I'm terrified.  You think I'm joking, but I'm terrified.") but within a very short period of time he was a pro-bouncer :)  We had a nice lazy couple of days together with books, video games, good food, and a stroller adventure around the neighborhood.  Aunt Liz came up a few days later for the first time to see Edylene with G and G Steeves (also known as G Lo and E Diddy!).  We're pretty sure it was love at first sight.  Aunt Liz and Eddy were inseparable all weekend - we practically had to restrain the two of them to prevent Edylene from stowing away for the car ride back to Jersey :) 

I feel like we've got loads more to talk about, but this post may NEVER get finished if I don't post it now.

Love to you all!

5 comments:

m said...

if i can't hold her, i'm sooo happpy to see photos of her!...thanks for keeping the posts up...know how busy you are with mommyhood...give squeezes to eddy for us!

m said...

ahhh, just watched the video...she is definitely super baby...good neck work out!!!!!! she is tooo cute!

renee said...

I remember John being so excited when Ellie's voice became more like a voice, not just noise. It's fascinating to experience these changes. Soak it up! Write it down! a lot slipped from my memory. Hope you don't mind the reminiscing these blogs bring on from me.

Edylene looks beautiful, and in just a few more days Jan and I will get to see her, and you guys! YAY!!

renee said...

Wow! I just watched the video! Like Fort Drum pushups!!She's one strong little girl! I love the way she follows the camera, (or your face!)

Caitlin Steeves said...

Can't wait to see you guys!