
We keep having so many fun visitors and little trips and new Eddy updates - I can't keep up with them all! This post is dedicated to Grandma Lo - affectionately sometimes "G Lo" (with Grandpa Steeves being "E Diddy" of course!). We can't take credit for these fun nicknames - I'm pretty sure someone at Dad's office came up with them . . .

Anyway, G Lo came up to the Cuse to lend a hand with Edylene the two weeks that transitioned us between Summer and Jesse heading back into the classroom. Lois was the queen of laundry, a champion baby snuggler, the Dali Mama of Dream Dinners, a Syracuse Real Food Coop regular, and all around all-star. We also managed to get Mom hooked on Lost - Jess and I were at the time already on the 2nd Season, so Lois and I spent the evenings (after teacher-man had gone to bed) catching her up with Season 1. Inevitably we began confusing events that happened between Seasons 1 and 2, but the chronology of that show is so helter skelter anyway, I don't think it much mattered . . .


We also put in another flower bed in the middle of the front yard. We got the plants from the Regional Market - you'll see some native grasses, 2 hydrangea on each end, and 2 Joe Pie-Weed which is similar to the butterfly bush plant in that the butterflies love 'em but it's not an invasive species (Thanks Renee for the tip!).


We didn't go on too many big adventures over G Lo's 2 weeks, just lots of little ones at home and out and about in town. The pictures capture the gist of the visit . . . and they remind me of another project we did! Mom whipped out some Moby-like wraps from two kinds of fabric we'd purchased and surged the edges. The surging ended up creating quite a nice effect! The wrap is very comfy to wear - I'm still getting the hang of how to position Edylene in it and how to get in on in a timely fashion! It does get a bit warm so I'm looking forward to using them more in the cooler weather. And now that Eddy's got some more head control, we can try a few more "holds" in the wrap. Technically, the grey wraps were supposed to be for Daddy and the purple ones for me, but you can see I like rocking both colors ;)


We also had additional visitors along the way - I'll have to do a post of all those folks as well. You may recognize Green Lakes in some of these pictures.
And that is E Diddy reading an alphabet book by Eric Carle to Edylene :)
5 comments:
P.S. The Eric Carle alphabet book is from Rachel and Matt - Edylene says thank you to her cousins!!!
we need e d d y time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great photo's, love the front yard!!!!!!!!
I love your posts! Can't wait to see you
Oh, and the asters ARE impressive.
go G-Lo!
Looks like Eddy is reading to EDiddy. Pictures are great. Thanks
Post a Comment