Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Bump's Got Lady Parts!


Well, I am 19 1/2 weeks preggo which means we are about half way there with this bun in this oven! And, it is officially a LADY bun :) We had about an hour-long sonogram this afternoon - it's the longest one because they measure all the parts and bones and organs - tho I'm sure most people, like us, just want to know BOY OR GIRL (or OCTOPUS)???? When yer looking' at a 19 1/2 week babe on a sonogram, it's really a matter of 3 strategically-placed LINES versus DOTS. And we got 3 lines so we get a Baby She-Glass!

This is also a good time to post pictures of my bump - because it is now fully recognizable as a PREGNANCY bump, not a Ben and Jerry's bump (tho, I'm not gonna lie, there's some of that in there as well . . .). AND - true milestone here - I purchased my first pair of maternity pants. They have a super sexy stretchy denim-colored top to them ;) They may be a bit goofy-lookin, but they are crazy comfy and totally worth the initial feelings of surreality while standing in Sear's paltry 1-rack section of maternity clothes. (Why Sears, you ask? Well, we were getting a humidifier filter, so why not a pair of stretchy jeans as well???)

So we know that baby is a "she," but we're not settling on a name(s) anytime soon. Most likely we will all find out together on the big day :)

We'll post more pictures of growing belly and baby. Love to you all!
Caitlin +Jesse+Baby

3 comments:

Nally said...

yayayya i love your baby bump! my little niece!!!

I am UBER excited. I can't wait to read to her again.

Love you, jess, and baby she-glass!!

John said...

The bun is rising! BTW- the word verification for this post was "endecily"...that might make a nice name, eh? Endecily Endive Rainbow Radish Ged Goodglass Bennett Steeves. What'dya think?

Caitlin Steeves said...

Wow - I think Endecily Endive is my new favorite!