Thursday, February 4, 2010

Adventures in snowblowing!

After finally getting home in daylight and having the time to try out my handy-dandy starter fluid, I got the snowblower working! Aside from the fact that there was only about 3-4 inches of already-driven-upon-snow, it was a complete success. Uncle John had walked me through the thought process of where I needed to spray the fluid (into the carburetor) and how to open it (with the choke) this past weekend when it had warmed up to 0 degrees and the blower needed an extra little kick to get going. So, this afternoon I took the time to try it out. The first few times that the engine got going, it almost immediately turned off, which was a little frustrating, because I didn't know what was going wrong. But I was persistent, and each time sprayed a little more fluid into the carb, and as the engine turned over, I raised the throttle a little more and slowly closed the choke, I got the machine moving and it was awesome! I cleared the driveway and our sidewalk in about 10 minutes without breaking a sweat, whereas in the past I had spent over an hour shoveling and my back would be sore for at least a day afterwards.

Thanks Stevo for the machine! Thanks Uncle Donny and Uncle John for the lessons!

3 comments:

Nally said...

woohoo! what a macho man playing with his toys.

see you tomorrow!

renee said...

Congratulations!

Jan said...

Glad youv'e got it since the snow is here again