Thursday, January 28, 2010

State of the Union

Caitlin and I watched Obama's State of the Union last night together, and I, for one, felt hugely relieved at finally listening to eloquence and intelligence coming from that podium. After 8 years of listening to a man who had difficulty just memorizing his lines, it was like fresh air hearing a man deliver concepts to his audience with confidence, lucidity, and a flexible state of mind.

I thought it was particularly amusing to watch him chastise congress for dragging their feet on so many issues, but one of my favorite new pieces of legislation he's bringing in is the Childcare Tax Credit!

Anyone else have thoughts or comments about last nights speech?

1 comment:

renee said...

I love obama. I want to see some action, though. I hope he moves enough to the left to get something done. Cause the right seems to fight him anyway, no matter what he offers.

Its time to turn hope into reality.