Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We've Officially Spilled the Beans!


Alright all you blog junkies - we know what you've been craving - we know what you've been missing!! You've been waiting patiently to hear about . . . .insulating our attic!! No? . . . . . Caitlin starting a new semester!! Not that either? . . . Jesse's recent election to the board of Slow Food of Central New York (SFCNY)??? Hmmm . . . .what else could I POSSIBLY post about . . . .

How 'bout babies?

Bingo! We are pregnant - or, in the words of my physician when calling me with the results of the blood test, we are "very positive." I do say "we" because while I know that yes, technically I (Caitlin) am the one physiologically preggers, it certainly took two to tango on this one - and our Caitie-Jesse Super Duper Team America is psyched and (mostly) ready to take on Babydom!

I am officially 14 Weeks today according to our first ultrasound back in December. The first trimester included some constant low-level nausea ("morning" sickness is a misnomer! Some women have it at different points throughout or during the ENTIRETY of the day - moi - and some have it last throughout the entire pregnancy - not moi thank goodness), funky things going on with my joints (who knew my xiphoid process would start hurting???), and a general feeling of "oh my doodness."

The second trimester seems to moving along fine - much less nausea, the ability to tell you all (secrets are HARD!), and I think I may even have a bit of a baby bump! We won't be able to tell for a few more weeks if it's a boy or girl, but I've come around to being excited about either :)

(By the way, Auntie Nally has informed me that those are the only options - nothing with tentacles. You got it, dude!)

Thankfully, it looks as if I am going to be able to continue right along with school - though I feel as though there are warnings out there about "best laid plans" . . . .Anyway, I've been talking with the PT Department over at Upstate and they have been amazing in their support and encouragement thus far. My Clinic II (which WAS previously scheduled to be 4 hours away and in the middle of my new due date of July 13) will have to be shifted around a bit, but we are going to try, try, TRY to keep me on track with school. Luckily, a July 13 due date ALSO means that Jesse will be home for the summer from work - so it looks like we'll have 6 weeks of togetherness at home as a threesome! We'll see about those "best laid plans" . . .

We'll be posting more pictures - mostly of my growing belly at this point since there won't be any cute infant-like pictures for about 6 more months!

Love to you all - we are so happy to be able to finally share this with all of you. Happy January!

Caitlin and Jesse

3 comments:

Nally said...

Whhhaaatt?!?! I.had.no.idea...

FINALLY i can spill my beans to the world! Auntie Nally is super super happy/excited to meet her new favorite little person.

woohoo!

Margaret said...

yayayaya!! Cousin-once-removed Margaret is super excited toooo!! So glad I got to see you guys over the holidays! And just think how close Syracuse and Rochester are...I'll help protect the new little person from their crazy Auntie Nally! xoxox

m said...

yeah...this old grandma & grandpa can't wait!!!!!! i'm soooo excited.love to you both xoxoxomom & stevo