I figured it was time to get in a post on this blog before my Clinic III starts (tomorrow!). I think of these next two experiences as "the Big Kid Clinicals" - not as much hand-holding by my clinical instructor, more responsibility, higher expectations. I struggle to lean towards the yay-this-is-a-challenge-and-if-I'm-not-challenging-myself-what-is-the-point side of things rather than the oh-crap-let-me-just-keep-my-head-down-and-not-pull-out-anyone's-catheter. Yeah - THAT can happen.
But that is the story of my life - in every personality test/quiz/color analysis I am always "the accommodator", the "peace-maker", "blue." Aka: I don't want to make trouble, can't we all just get along, and WHY DON'T YOU THINK I'M THE ABSOLUTE BEST??? Soooo the real challenge of my life is to face my fear of failure, of "looking bad" and instead forge ahead, live with purpose, and keep my head up so that when I DO make mistakes (what? mistakes? who me?) I make them with full awareness and the ability to LEARN. So please wish that for me - send your good, fear-less vibes my way these next few weeks!
Ironically, we did not take a lot of pictures this holiday season - so we are depending on all of YOU fine folks who did :) Got any pics to share?
Lotsa love - Happy 2012!
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ah caitlin...you are going to do great!!!!!!!..i know it's hard to believe,but i've also been "blue"...the accomodator...you're are definitely NOT going to fail and you are supposed to make mistakes in this part of the clinical ...that's how you learn, so what if you pull out a catheter or two..(only kidding)..so, i am sending you good vibes, fearless vibes and i know that you are going to be great...and when i get my whole body replaced with bionic knees and shoulders you can me my therapist and i will know that i am in the best hands ever!!! love you very much!
margaret
Catheters ain't nothin' yo! You're going to rock this! And if you were my physical therapist, I would totally feel like I was in capable [tiny] hands. You're so soothing and with it, you couldn't project otherwise, even if you tried!
Looking forward to hearing how the week went. Love to you. You will be great. I think 'accommodators' DO have an ability to admit when they have made mistakes, and DO learn from them. I think its part of the understanding its not "all about them". The next trick is to figure out how to forgive ones self for the mistakes, so you can forge ahead. Need to be as kind to yourself as you are understanding of others.
Post a Comment