I've been feeling pretty good lately with all the skating I've been doing; my renewed interest in logging in some hours at the gym; the combo of yoga, pilates, zumba, weights, straight up cardio . . . I eat pretty well. Actually, I eat really good food (fruits, veg, lean protein, yogurt) throughout the day - and then usually kinda shoot myself in the foot in the evening time. Like, not one but two icecream sandwiches with caramel sauce. Like, eat the whole bar of dark chocolate after Jesse has fallen asleep on the couch.
But aside from that, I've been doing pretty good :) So I wore a tank-top for the first time to the gym yesterday - no baggy t-shirts for this derby-mama-in-training!
And, inevitably, a woman in my pilates class very sweetly asked me when I was "due." :(
(And this was after we had just been discussing the super-fit body of a mother-of-four-zumba-instructor.)
I make a sad face but it was actually just kinda funny - I laughed and told her that no, no, I was getting the baby weight off and she was 8 months past "due." I think we then smoothly transitioned into talking about the Y's excellent daycare program.
Oh well. Back when I actually was pregnant I loved showing off my baby belly, so I really should be just as proud to rock the post-baby belly. Especially since my legs and booty are lookin' SO good from all this skating . . . . ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
awww mann - doesn't that lady know you should "never ever, ever, everever, ever, evereverever.." ask that? (note the brian regan reference)
I bet you got the best lookin booty in town!!!
I think that entertaining, teaching, soothing, loving, being goofy, composing new songs, feeding, cleaning and wiping baby butts all day entitles you to ice-cream sandwiches WITH caramel! I think I will go make myself one now :)
ouch...i bet the woman is feeling very sheepish.....with all that zumba exercise and all the lean mean muscle you' be developing...you deserve an ice cream sandwich or two...you look marvelous my dear,marvelous....!!!!!!!!!!
I HATE when that happens!
Post a Comment