Friday, April 8, 2011

Calling All Friends and Family!

Howdy, folks.  I've got my mind set on another project - a fun one that you can all participate in!  As a lot of you know, we've been doing some "baby signing" with E.  A few words scattered here and there - we've mostly focused on words that might express her needs (eat, more, diaper, sleepy, water, cracker, etc) buuut we've got some fun ones in there as well, just for kicks, like butterfly, mama, daddy, family, dog.  She is already able to recognize a few of the signs like eat (big surprise!), more, and book - we can tell because she gets excited and waves her arms and purses her little lips :)  She's even able to repeat the "pant, pant, pant" sign for dog (I may have mentioned this is in a previous post - but it bears repeating, it is just that cute).      

We have a couple of little board books with a few baby signs in them.  We've read that babies like seeing pictures of actual people (ie photographs, not drawings) doing the signs, which gave me an idea . . .

I'd love to have pictures of family and friends doing signs for her!  I was thinking of laminating a bunch of photos (so they don't get destroyed) and binding them up into a book - or a few books.  It would have the benefit of E being able to look at real people doing the signs AND she would become familiar with all your lovely faces!  I thought this would especially be nice for those of you who live far away and we don't get to see often.  You are still an important part of our lives and we are so excited for E to know you :) 

So!  Leave a comment on this post if you want to be involved.  I haven't thought through the details yet but I'm thinking I'll dole out the signs to people, let you know if there is a specific way we've been doing a certain sign with her, maybe have you email me photo (put it onto a shutterfly site perhaps?) . . . something like that!

ALL our extended friends and family are invited to participate  (yes, that means YOU) - I may send out a FB message as well in case you peops aren't RELIGIOUSLY FOLLOWING EVERY DETAIL OF OUR LIVES ON THIS BLOG ;)

I'm excited for this project!  It may take a while to gather everyone's photo, but I'm going to set it up so that the books can be added to as more signs pop up, so no worries about missing the boat on this. 




Lots of love - hope you all have a wonderful Springy weekend!!

13 comments:

Nally said...

Count me in!!!!!

Caitlin Steeves said...

And yes, those are pictures of Daddy sticking licked O's onto his first-born's face :)

renee said...

for sure!

Danielle said...

I'm In!!!

Anonymous said...

By all means, include me and Grndpa

Juli said...

me too!

m said...

i've already have my word list...garden, flowers, dirt....chicken...grandma!!!!!!!! sounds like fun!!!!!

Tiz said...

Add me too!

Margaret said...

and me and meeee! I've even had some practice with signing :)

m said...

daddy, why or why do i have a "ro'ro" on my nose!

thismuchiknow said...

I'd love to be a part of this!

Jan said...

Me too

Caitlin Steeves said...

thismuchiknow - who is this? your name doesn't pop up!