**I thought this was a funny picture for V-day. For some reason it looks like both Daddy and E are yelling at Mommy! I assure you, this was taken yesterday on Jesse's birthday and we were all having a wonderful time!***
I hope you all are enjoying a happy Valentines Day - be you attached or not, single or not, platonic or not, BFF's or not! I think Valentines Day was at its best when we were in Kindergarten and EVERYBODY got a valentine. Or maybe it's best spent with your favorite person IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Or your favorite people, plural :) In any case, there are those who say that Valentines should be EVERY day (there are an awful lot of CAPITALIZED WORDS in this post!), but I think it's also worth it to take a day to refocus our intent, to refresh and remind us of the importance of appreciating our loved ones (attached, single, platonic, BFF, etc!) - and showing it!
And "showing it" doesn't have to be a dozen roses. It could be a home-cooked meal. A trip out in order to AVOID the home-cooked meal :) A hug. A phone call. Running a vacumn through the house (don't tell Jesse, but this may be his valentines gift from me!!). A pajama-gram!!
On another note, I've been meaning to tell you all about an awesome piece of artwork we recently acquired for E's nursery. We commissioned an original piece from our friend Lauren Barnett of melikesyou.blogspot.com. Her drawings and comics are quirky, irreverent, adorable, and sassy - check her out! The piece she did for Miss E.B.G. was this:
The design is on a 12x12 piece of wood - now we'll have to find out the sign for "giraffe!" So many of our friends and family are super-talented - bit by bit we are getting their original work up on our walls :) Thank you so much Lauren! We love it!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
LOVE!!!
Yes she is so cute.
the do so looke alike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, they are saying you are awesome mama!!!!!!!
Post a Comment