
Just wanted to take a minute to give thanks for the break in the heat up here in the 'Cuse. While having our bedroom air conditioned has been like manna from Heaven, being cooped up in one room for days on end was starting to wear me down a bit. Yesterday I was able to go for a walk in the afternoon for some vitamin D and then Jess and I took a stroll down to our corner convenience store - Sabastino's - where they are now selling soft serve - WITH SPRINKLES! I can't walk very far these days as it is (without having to make a pit stop/rehydrate) so it was a very sweet little walk down to the corner and back. The clouds were rolling in and it was a good thing we brought a big golf umbrella because just as we stepped back onto Fellows the sky cracked open upon us! Nice to be safe and dry, licking ice cream cones, watching the storm develop from our lush front porch . . . Today is even cooler so I was able to go for a bit of a longer walk just now - thank you thank you for these walks! I get to sniff the flowers, clear my head a bit, get a bit of exercise - all good stuff.

Now that my ode to neighborhood walking is completed, what have we been up to for the past week? Jess has been plugging away at the sun porch windows. As we speak, all the weights and windows and bits of wood and paneling have been put back into place - today the focus is any last scraping, caulking, painting the trim. Once that is done we can give the windows a quick paint touch up (they got a bit grimy/fingerprinty in the replacement process) and the glass a good cleaning.

After last week's pedicure was so lovely (Bday present from Jess - wanted to use it when I was UBER-pregnant, which is right about now) I decided to treat myself to a manicure and a haircut on Tuesday! Throw in a shower earlier that morning and it was a BIG day for Caitlin's personal grooming ;) You can see some pics of that decadence here . . . also pics of me in the kidde pool staying cool on Tuesday - great idea Momma Lo!


Weds afternoon we fled Syracuse for the night on a little "Baby Moon" to Skaneateles (skinny-ATlas), NY. It's a small, cute weekend getaway town - only 35min from our door - on beautiful Skaneateles lake. We stayed at a B&B (the Hummingbird House) and were even able to meet up with some friends of ours who live in nearby Auburn - thanks Walt and Liz for squiring us about town! Though the heat was still pretty bad, it was nice to get away for a bit and explore a new (to us) finger lake town and eat lots of good food in the process :)


Not sure what we've got on the burner for this weekend - more house work I think. Hopefully Jess will be able to get out to the golf course while the weather is so nice. . .
Love to you all!
6 comments:
Love that Kiddie Pool! Uh oh. another freudian.. I first wrote Kiddie PooP! Might as well get ready for it.
Except don't go to some fancy Hyatt type hotel and let your kid poop in the kiddie pool. Kind of ruins your day...
The windows must look great. Its probably good to have something else to try and focus on. read any good books? go see toy story 3 its really sweet! Way too timely for us, tho...
You look terrific. Thinking of you both all the time.
First off--love that B&W shot of your mani/pedi in the pool--it's so playful!
Second--your baby-moon sounds just lovely. I've somehow never stayed at a B&B and really should sometime!
Thirdly--you walked right into this one...but, Jesse does seem to be handy with those windows, I'd say quite a good glass worker...ha ha...get it?! (love you Jess!)
Lastly--I recognize one of those pool-shot faces. It's definitely the broken fountain from sebago...you just need a little water trickling down your chin :-p
Keep cool, love you to bits! <3, cousin Margaret!
Haha - yes cousin Margaret, that broken-fountain-face comes in handy in many situations!
I've been thinking about your walks and how much you enjoy them. Your Grandpa Fischer had to replace the stroller wheels since your Grandma would walk us all around Yonkers. Great pictures.Try to keep cool.
Thanks for the good wishes everyone :) Love you all!
HAHA definitely a broken fountain - classic!
You look so cute in your kiddy pool! Love love love all the pictures. Youre hair looks bea-utiful! love the little bangs. WHAT ABOUT THE BANGS? ARE THEY SHORTER? THE BANGS!!!
kisses all around to the Steeves-Goodglass family <3
Post a Comment