Friday, November 6, 2009

I am Looking Out the Window AND . . .


I SEE SNOW! Yes, that's right, our first snow fall. I have no idea if it's sticking around for long, but it is nice that it has happened on a Friday (no classes for me!) so I can mosey throughout the house with my cup of coffee, snug as a bug in a rug! I know as a Syracusian we are in for more than our fair share of the stuff, but I can't help still getting excited at the first snow . . .

So! Our night in Philly! It was combo surprise birthday party for Jill's bud Julia and our dear friend Tom (Jilly's hubs). Julia loves surprises and Tom hates them, so it kinda worked out well for both - Julia got to be surprised, and - once Tom realized that, no, he WAS NOT supposed to recognize everyone there - Tom was able to quickly shirk the spotlight and get to visit with us :) Philly is definitely a city we'd love to explore a little more. Jill and Tom live in the Museum District in a small but super cute apartment that--with only 3 months under their belts (and two busy schedules to boot)--they've already made into a home. Meanwhile, Jill is in the throws of grad school, getting her MFA in Directing (yay!!) and Tom has been recently hired as the Technical Director (may have got the EXACT title wrong there, but you get the idea) of Swarthmore College's Theater Department.

After the birthday bash and a night on probably THE most comfortable futon we have ever experienced, we jetted off to a Sunday Funday. No football involved on this Sunday Funday - a baby shower for me and golf with Dad and D for Jess. I've suddenly realized that may have sounded odd - no, I did not attend my OWN clandestine baby shower, which would have been a solo event because pretty much all you folks reading this would be the ones I'd want to be there! Anyway!! It was for cousin Maya! She and Dan are expecting Baby X in early December :) We oohed and ahhed over her impressive belly and played a few baby games (Did you know that the baby name for a Fox is a Kit? An armadillo, a pup? An eagle, an eaglet?!) Though pastels are not my favorite, I've got to admit, the cuteness factor went way off the charts once the bitty baby blankets and onseies started coming out - I've got some great pictures of my sisters scheming for future presents ;)

I GUESS the golf game should get a mention here . . .Jess, Dad, and Damian played in Warwick on THE perfect golf day of the year. They all played horribly and had an amazing time. I don't have pictures of that round, but you can stalk Jesse and Damian on Facebook to see the pictures there.

Oh yeah. Nope, my costumes did not pan out. Ah well - it got to about an hour before we were supposed to show up at a class Halloween shindig when Jesse picked up on my (not so sutble!) aimless wandering through Salvation Army as a cue to come up with some alternate plans. It's my fault for having spent the previous 6 hours on the couch watching an NCIS marathon . . .My husband, however, is brilliant, and he perked me up with the suggestion of a date night - a steak dinner (THAT'S how out of it I was, I haven't craved steak, well, ever) followed by the early evening showing of "Where the Wild Things Are". With some meat in my belly and giant wild fuzzies on the big screen, I was a happy camper. A happy Halloweeny camper :)

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Yay!! what fun and shenanigans you have with your hubby traveling all around the place! :) I'm SOOO bummed that I missed the baby shower--your sisters are definitely looking scheme-ful there! I'll have to see more pictures and hear all about it next time we're all together. We got our first snow here in the ROC yesterday as well! :) Soon it will be coming down in sheets--but for now I'm enjoying the sunny wintery day we've got. Miss you! XOXOX <3

Caitlin Steeves said...

Miss you too! We'll be at Grammie's for Xmas - you too?

renee said...

So happy for Jill and Tom!

Caitlin Steeves said...

They are a dynamic duo!