Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mid Week Report




Hey all - reporting to you live from sunny Syracuse (um, did I say sunny? I meant sticky, stagnant, simmering, scalding Syracuse!). Yes, we are back from living it up on Frye Island in Maine with the fam - we believe we've officially turned Lois into a Catan addict (and she agrees - Seafarers is da bomb). This week we are hosting Margaret and Stevo and . . . Mocha! Or Mochalicious as I like to call her. She's a four month old chocolate lab with honey colored eyes and big, big paws. She loves her treats and just being near people :)

Our projects this week are quite ambitious! Margaret and I have already put up curtains in the living room, dining room, and kitchen. They were all cheap, cheap but very lovely. I think we surprised ourselves a bit with how well everything came together! The curtains give the rooms that (next to) last polished touch - and a bit of privacy. I say "next to last" because we DO still have a couple light fixtures to put up in the dining room and some 3-prong outlets to place throughout . . . but we do finally have a ceiling light/fan up in the dining room! It looks fabulous AND was a blessing at dinner last night as one of the few rooms with circulating air! (Our bedroom, however, DOES have A/C but we'll keep that on the DL for now . . . )

We've got cabinets being sawed off, dishwashers slid in, ovens being shoved over, holes blasted through brick, oh my! Hostas and (black-eyed) Susans and Lilacs, oh my! The boys even got in 18 holes yesterday morning, on the very beautiful, very hilly Green Lakes course.

Additional grand plans for the week? I'll be doing a bit of studying each day this week (leaving for 8 weeks at Fort Drum this Saturday!), but we've got a whole day planned out for the Ithaca/Finger Lakes area tomorrow, Dinosaur BBQ at some point (really, we never need an excuse to go there), hopefully a day of sculpting some flower beds/grading away from the house so the weather stops ending up pooling on the floor of our oddly-tiled basement!

All in all, we are having a lovely time working and playing (and blogging). Love to you all!

3 comments:

John said...

Keep up the good work! U guys are super troopers. Seeeeaaaafaaaarrrrers...hmmm. When is my next trip to Nyack?

Nally said...

Woohooo Ithaca/Finger Lakes area! Hope it treated you very well!
Sounds like a lot's going on.

Can't wait to see the improvements!
Good luck at Fort Drum Miss Caitymac!

PS I have your camera! Maybe I'll just mail it to the house and you can pick it up when you're home next. Will you be home next weekend? Take care of the stallion! <3

Caitlin Steeves said...

I will be home this weekend - just send it there! I am in papparazzi withdrawl!