Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Indoor painting done!




After 6 days, we're done with the living room! We convinced ourselves that we've gotten more efficient at the process, but it still took us almost a week to finish a room. Given, we had to repair some walls, and it was a big room -- we finished the trim last night at midnight - so much of it! By 11pm we were so delirious we began questioning our color decisions.

The kitchen and dining room are so bright with fresh colors, we were getting worried that the neutral tone of the off-white and the dark of the chocolate brown were going to be downers. Cait had chosen a lime green as an accent that we didn't add until this morning. That final burst of brightness saves the room from the complete lack of color.

Our basement got a minor facelift too this week. All five of the windows were replaced with glass block windows. The basement is enormously less creepy then it was a few months ago. Light pours through all day long and when you're down there the blocks look like shimmering ice cubes. So much more enjoyable then the rotting wood, rusty metal, grody glass we had before.

So - a bunch of pictures to enjoy!


6 comments:

Caitlin Steeves said...

Nice pictures hon!

Jan said...

You guys are on such a roll. I love it. Can't wait to see it up close and personal.Now you can enjoy the party weekend. Bring more pictures!!!

Nally said...

ahh! i think it looks fabulous!!!! love the accent of lime green. it looks so good! bravo dudes!
can't wait to see you this weekend!
<3

renee said...

Ditto what I said last time. You guys are something else. Perseverance and good taste! I love the lime green accent. Can't wait to see it.

meanwhile, see you tomorrow in NJ.

Love,
Renee

Margaret said...

Love the green! What pop! I think, when I sometime-in-the-future get a house, I'll have to call you both in for interior design suggestions! :)

John said...

Beautiful color scheme, Cait. And good job agreeing with Cait's aesthetic ninja-ness, Jess. I think you guys should paint a Catan map in one of the panels.